Greenwich Pen Women, a branch of the National League of American Pen Women, is a non-profit organization of women artists, writers, and musicians. We offer mutual support and exchange of ideas to encourage and inspire excellence in original creative work.
Moonrise by GPW Catherine Stahl
"Some of the days in November carry the whole memory of summer as a fire opal carries the color of moonrise."
~Gladys Taber, Stillmeadow Daybook
Note from our President:
Dear Pen Women,
By the time you read these Notes, we will have had more cool, refreshing days and the “Peak Leaf Peeping Season” will probably be in full swing, but as I write this, only a few bright red leaves have fallen and the last few days have felt like a wonderful summer extension. It’s my favorite season, so I’m doing my best to enjoy it all – I hope you are, too!
RECENT GPW EVENTS:
1. The Art Discipline sponsored GPW self-guided tours of the Kusama Exhibit at the New York Botanical Garden on September 22nd. It was well attended for an out-of-town event. Although not everyone managed to find the core group to walk around with, everyone I spoke to enjoyed it thoroughly and was happy that she attended.
2. On Wednesday, October, 13th, Letters presented a program by Roberta Seret, Ph.D, writer and member of GPW, who recently published her Transylvanian trilogy with a small press - see https://transylvaniantrilogy.com/. She shared the problems she encountered, how she incorporated her research into her stories, as well as the kinds of extra efforts she had to make to publish and advertise her books. Anita Keire, an attendee, then added more in-depth and helpful publishing, PR and marketing advice. The session was recorded, and featured in our Member News. It will be a “must-see” for writers!
3. On Wednesday, November 10 at 7 PM, the GPW, in collaboration with the Perrot Library, will co-host a WRITERS’ OPEN MIC NIGHT on Zoom. You will receive a copy of the flyer when it is ready. Be sure to sign up in advance for a 5-minute slot to introduce the best of your memoire, short story, poem, play, etc. Feel free to invite women who might be interested in joining the GPW to attend. The talent will include invitees from the whole Greenwich community.
4. NEXT GPW Poetry Group Meeting will be on Wednesday, Nov. 3rd, at 2 PM. The Zoom link has already been sent out.
5. Please see the newly issued invitation to our Annual Holiday Luncheon at the Field Club on Wednesday, December 1, from 11:30 - 2 PM, (For details see our Calendar Page). You will also be receiving the invitation individually by email.
6. New Pop-Up Creative Conversations are being planned for possibly November for all members – look for an invitation!
7. The Expressions Gallery - Doris Mady, our Expressions Gallerist, is pleased to announce that the Expressions Gallery now has a tab on the left side of our Home Page, which takes you directly to the Gallery. December’s theme will be “I Surround Myself with…” Personally, I can’t wait to read the answers to this question! Here is the link to the gallery.
8. Member’s Holiday Bazaar – Many wonderful things are already available! We hope that more of you will post your original creations with us! Please contact Doris Mady- firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is the link for the Bazaar, which is under the Member News section.
Please stay well and safe as we begin to carefully meet and mingle out there in the COVID world.
GPW President Lee Paine