December Theme: What have you learned this past year?
Linda Hortick -- I have learned not to take anything for granted. This goes for everything.
A flight going out of town for a vacation, my health or the health of loved ones and friends.
On a larger scale, nothing is certain anymore, our safety, democracy, freedom of choice and election results.
On the other hand, things I thought I could never do, I am doing. Every year I live is a bonus year. It is a bonus year because I can still learn to do something new. I can read an interesting book, enjoy friends and dine at a new restaurant.
I have learned to live one day at a time. If I wake up and today is a good day, I go for it. If I wake up and it is not a good day, I don’t feel guilty getting
under the covers until I feel better. I have learned to go with the flow. The river flows by itself. For me, the lesson is, I can’t push life. Life and fate are intertwined and I am just a pawn in the overall scheme of things.
Doris Mady – I’ve learned to really trust my instincts in regards to my work. For example, if I were entering a painting into a juried show and I wasn’t so sure about it… if it isn’t accepted into the competition it’s no surprise to me. I’m finding myself “knowing” what needs correcting in my work. I love going to the PW Critiques and almost without except my fellow painters will hone in on the very thing that I thought I’d work on later. Thank you for affirming those things for me, too.
This trust in my instincts is becomes so finely tuned that I see it in other areas of my life.
What I love about this “instinct-thing” is the learning process which I readily embrace.
January’s Theme: There will be NO theme this month.
You all invited to write about anything you want this month…how about that!
Of course, let’s be polite and politically correct.
- June Theme: How does art, music, or literature make the world a better place?
- July Theme: What is the most important creative habit or attitude to establish?
- August Theme: If you met your heroine or hero, what would you ask that person?
- September Theme: What did you create that surprised you? Why?
- October Theme: This best work never won an award. How do you feel about that?
- November Theme: What one resource would you recommend to an aspiring creative person?